Att: Privacy Matters
New York, NY 10036
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide — When you sign up for a Satisfi Account we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Satisfi services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information — When you access Satisfi services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications — When you send email or other communications to Satisfi, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Location Information — The Services are primarily designed to help you share information with others, including in whole or in part based on your location. You will be given the opportunity to opt out of Location-based Services. If you choose to enable Location-based Services, Satisfi may collect your location based on information provided by you or available from your web browser or mobile device, including, if available, GPS, IP Address or cell tower information. If you choose to disable Location-based Services, you will not be able to utilize certain features of the Services.
- Unique application number — Certain services may include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to Satisfi when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services;
- Protect the rights or property of Satisfi or our users; With respect to location information that you provide, provide content and services to you based on your location, such as displaying Content from other users of the Services based on your location or allowing you to communicate with other users of the Services based on your location;
- With respect to location information that you provide, customize search results and to enable you to tag your Content with a location to enable location-based searching of your Content by other users of the Service; Understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Services work and look, and to create new features and functionality.
- If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we may ask for your consent prior to such use. Satisfi processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Satisfi features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We are not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with developing and maintaining the Services and operating our business. For example:
- Satisfi may work with third party service providers in the U.S. and other jurisdictions to provide website development, hosting, maintenance, transcription, and support as well as other business services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their work, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. These disclosures are generally made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- The Services enables users to communicate in a variety of ways. Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to include in an area accessible by other users, such as Content that you submit, your public profile page or in a comment, posting or other Content, will be available to other users who access that content. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction. Note that while Satisfi gives you tools to modify which groups of users can access certain of your Content and other information, we cannot guarantee that use of these features will prevent access to information you post on the Service by other users.
- Satisfi may enable users to communicate directly with other users of the Services. Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to include in a communication with other users will be available to such other users, in accordance with any privacy settings you have enabled for such communication.
- Satisfi may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties, to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality of the Services.
- Satisfi may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary or useful to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- Satisfi works to promote a safe and reliable service for all users. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Satisfi and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Services; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of Satisfi, our users, or others.
If Satisfi becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale or other change of control.
Satisfi may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send messages about the Services, such as when you receive communications from another user, promotional messages related to the Services and the activities of third parties we work with, and communications on behalf of other users who think you may be interested in the Services or certain content available on the Services. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your account preferences through the Services.
We take certain security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. Please note that this is not a guarantee that any such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Satisfi or to any third party, and you do so at your own risk. If Satisfi learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Satisfi may post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at privacy@Satis.fi.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Satisfi services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Last modified: 01/02/2016